- Lost Equity In Your Home? HARP 2.0 May Be The Answer
- Veteran Loan Information Center
- 7 Things You Should NOT Do When Applying For A Home Loan
- Special Report Exposes All Of The Terms And Fees That Are Charged To Buyers At Settlement
- The Top Mortgage Questions You Must Ask Before Applying For A Mortgage
- How To Finally Stop Renting And Own A Home Of Your Own
- Important Terms You Must Know BEFORE Obtaining A Mortgage
- Checklist Of Items Lenders Need To Approve Your Loan Application
- 12 Secrets To Lowering Your Homeowners Insurance Cost Your Agent Doesn’t Want You To Know
- Money & Time Saving Tips For A Successful Move
- Video Proof! Credit Repair REALLY Works!
- Free Credit Repair Program
- Tested and Proven Strategies For Building A Better Credit Record Faster and Easier
- How To Own A Home With Low Interest Rates And A Low Down Payment, Regardless Of Your Credit
- 3 Quick Tips For Repairing Your Credit Report
- The Dangers of Identity Theft and How to Protect Yourself!
- Fannie Mae Lookup
- Fannie Mae Homes
- Freddie Mac Lookup
- HUD Approved Condo Projects
- Huntington Beach Market Update – November 2016
- 3 Reasons To Use A Huntington Beach Mortgage Lender
- Summit Lending Mortgage Refinance - When Is The Right Time?
- Top 5 Tips For Getting VA Loans
- 4 Ways to Buy a Home With Minimal Down Payment
- 3 Helpful Tips for a First-Time Home Buyer
- FHA Loans California
- Jumbo loans California
- Refinance mortgage California
- VA Loans California
- Home Loans Southern California
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Lender Temecula
- Summit Lender KFI Radio
Summit Lending proudly offers mortgage loan products for active-duty military and veterans in Southern California. A VA loan is a mortgage loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that is available to most U.S. service members. VA loans offer a loan guaranty benefit to help eligible veteran borrowers refinance or buy a home. VA loans do not require any monthly mortgage insurance included in the loan amount, and a veteran borrower could purchase a home without putting any money down.
To check your eligibility for a VA Loan, call us at 800-774-7650
Basic VA Home Loan Requirements
What can a Southern California VA loan be used to buy?: Primary residence purchases only
Maximum Loan Amount: The maximum loan amount varies depending on the county. Current limits are *$460,000 to *$679,650 depending on your area. *2018 limits. Call us at 800-774-7650 for more accurate limits for your home purchase area.
Down Payment Requirement: 0% of the purchase price
Available Loan Terms: 5yr or 7yr ARM, 15 and 30 year fixed mortgage
Is Monthly Mortgage Insurance Required?: No. This is a great advantage of VA Loans.
Are there property Eligibility Requirements: Yes. A home’s general condition is considered during a VA appraisal. VA Minimum Property Requirements or “MPR” are an important part of the VA loan process. One of our VA Loan Specialists can provide the current standards provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Income Eligibility Requirements: No minimum or maximum income limits but you are expected to have a stable, reliable income that can cover your monthly expenses, including the new mortgage payment.
Maximum Debt to Income Ratio: Contact a VA Loan Specialist at 800-774-7650 for the most up-to-date information on the debt to income ratios.
Are Seller Paid Closing Costs allowed: Yes. For a VA Loan, the seller may pay up to 4% of the purchase price towards closing costs.
Are gift funds allowed?: Yes. For VA Loans, a borrower may receive unlimited gift funds for a primary residence purchase
Advantages of a VA Home Loan
- You can buy a home with no money down.
- You can refinance for up to 100% of the value of your home.
- You never have to pay PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
- Sellers can pay your closing costs.
- VA Loans are usually easier to qualify for because the Government insures the loan so that there is much less risk to the lender.
- If you already have a VA Loan you might be eligible for a VA Streamline Refinance.
- Disabled Veterans may qualify for a waiver of the Funding Fee if they receive any disability payments from the VA or if they are considered to be at least 10% disabled.
- If you are active duty you can live almost for free because many times your allotted BAH can cover the mortgage payment. So you live almost for free while enjoying the tax benefits of homeownership.
Get Pre-approved for a VA Mortgage Today
Summit Lending specializes in VA loans in California. We guide veterans through each step of the VA home loan process.
Contact Our Team today to get started on your VA pre-approval.
Or start your pre-approval online here